Sunday, May 22, 2011

Panda Bear with Bamboo Card



I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how this came out! I don't think I can send it to anyone!

Anyways, I used Mary's free Valentine's bear (SVGCuts.com) and changed it up a little bit. I got rid of the giant heart, of course, and made two small oval shapes for the panda's body. I hand cut the shapes for the eyes....it wasn't hard. For the grass I used Plantin' Schoolbook (except for the 4 pieces of Jolee's blades that you see on either side of the panda). For the clouds I used April Showers. I embossed with D'vine Swirls for the blue background and the clouds. Now for the bamboo:

I cut several strips of tan paper 1/4"-1/2" wide and inked the edges. I then cut them into short strips (many different sizes) and glued them all together in a row. For the leaves I used Storybook branch on page 37. I just cut the branches in different sizes and then cut them apart at the stem (so I'd get 4 sets of two leaves and one left over leaf).

I'm going to be entering this card into the Cooking With Cricut Cele"BEAR"ation Blog Hop.

1 comment:

  1. I love that Panda. Thanks for playing along with us at Cooking with Cricut.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments!

Thanks for stopping by!